Rama, Lakshman, Hanuman & Sita 16"
Item #: 72bs53a
Total Height Including Base: Rama & Lakshman 16 inches, Sita 14 inches, Hanuman 11 inches
Base Diameter: 5.5 inches each
Weight: The set weighs a total of 39 pounds
- The 4 statues of Rama, Lakshman, Sita and Hanuman are sold together as a set
- Rama is the 7th avatar of Lord Vishnu
- Rama, Lakshman (Ram's brother), Sita and Hanuman are the main figures in the Ramayana Epic
Rama which means 'one who permeates and who is present in everything and everyone' is the seventh avatar of Vishnu. The Ramayana, which is one of the most popular stories in the Hindu tradition, tells of Ram's exploits. As a young prince he performs heroic acts and in due course wins the beautiful Sita as his wife after succeeding in bending a great war bow. Cheated of his rightful role as successor to his father the king, he goes off into exile. Sita and his brother Lakshman insist in going with him. One day Sita is kidnapped by the ten-headed demon Ravana and carried off to his stronghold in the island of Lanka. Helped by Hanuman, the god-king of the monkeys, Rama eventually defeats Ravana and his army in battle and rescues Sita. They then return to their kingdom where Rama is given his rightful place as king.
Rama is the model of reason, right action and commendable virtues. Rama represents an ideal man, as conceived by the Hindu mind. In the story of Ramayana, Ram's personality depicts him as the perfect son, devoted brother, true husband, trusted friend, ideal king, and a noble adversary. Sita and Rama are the model wife and husband in the Hindu tradition.
Vishnu's preserving, restoring, and protecting powers have been manifested in the world in a series of ten earthly incarnations known as avatars. The avatars arrive either to prevent a great evil or to affect good upon the earth. Nine are said to have descended already: three in non-human form, one in hybrid form and five in human form. The most important are Rama, fearless upholder of the law of dharma and Krishna; youthful hero of the Bhagavad-Gita Vishnu's final avatar is expected to arrive at a time when the earth is at the end of its present cycle, with the purpose of destroying the world and subsequently recreating it.
1. Matsya the Fish - Saved humanity and the sacred Veda text from the flood.
2. Kurma the Turtle - Helped create the world by supporting it on his back.
3. Varaha the Boar - Raised the earth out of water with his tusks.
4. Narashima, half-man, half lion - Destroyed a tyrant demon king.
5. Vamana the Dwarf - Subdued king Bali, a powerful demon.
6. Parashurama the Brahmin - Destroyed the warrior caste.
7. Noble Rama - Rescued his wife Sita and killed the demon Ravana. Upholder of the dharma.
8. Krishna the Divine Cowherder - told the Epic poem Bhagavad-Gita to the warrior Arjuna.
9. Buddha - The enlightened one.
10. Kalki the Horse - Destroyer of the world. Yet to come to the earth.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend. To obtain a shipping quote simply add the statue you are interested in to your shopping cart and then select click on the "Calculate Domestic Shipping" button. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.International Shipping
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. If you are in Canada please select "UPS Standard to Canada" for the shipping option. If you are an international customer please select "International Shipping" during checkout. The shipping charge will be calculated as $0. Lotus Sculpture will email you the correct shipping cost subject to your approval or you may call us at 760-994-4455 or email us at [email protected] for a shipping quote. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.