Makrana Marble Statue of Varaha the Boar 24"
Item #: 57wm5a
Total Height Including Base: 24 inches or 61 cms
Base Width & Depth: 11.5 x 5 inches
Weight: 32 pounds or 15kgs
- Makrana marble is the best quality white marble in the world. It was used to make the Taj Mahal
- He is the 3rd avatar or incarnation of Vishnu
- Varaha holds a conch and discus which are both symbols of Lord Vishnu with the world on his snout
About Varaha the third incarnation of Lord Vishnu: Varaha is the third avatar of Lord Vishnu. The demon (Asura), Hiranyaksha, after great penance managed to please Lord Brahma who gave him the boon of invincibility against all beings. After becoming all-powerful, Hiranyaksha captured the earth, Bhoomi Devi and dragged her to the bottom of the ocean where he kept her trapped. Lord Vishnu knew that Hiranyaksha missed out on naming the boar while Brahma granted him the boon of invincibility. Vishnu therefore took the form of a great boar, dived into the ocean and killed the demon. He then took the earth between his great tusks and surfaced out of the ocean thus rescuing earth. Varaha, the boar, symbolizes the emergence of mammals on the planet.
About Makrana White Marble: Makrana marble is regarded as being the oldest marble in age and the finest quality. Makrana marble is named after a small town in Rajasthan, India where it is mined. Artists have always sought out makrana marble because of its pure white color and its hardness. Makrana marble was made famous for its use as the principle stone in the building of the Taj Mahal. In sculpture the marble is often hand painted in vibrant colors giving a beautiful contrast to the pure white of the marble.
Vishnu's preserving, restoring, and protecting powers have been manifested in the world in a series of ten earthly incarnations known as avatars. The avatars arrive either to prevent a great evil or to affect good upon the earth. Nine are said to have descended already: three in non-human form, one in hybrid form and five in human form. The most important are Rama, fearless upholder of the law of dharma and Krishna; youthful hero of the Bhagavad-Gita Vishnu's final avatar is expected to arrive at a time when the earth is at the end of its present cycle, with the purpose of destroying the world and subsequently recreating it.
1. Matsya the Fish - Saved humanity and the sacred Veda text from the flood.
2. Kurma the Turtle - Helped create the world by supporting it on his back.
3. Varaha the Boar - Raised the earth out of water with his tusks.
4. Narashima, half-man, half lion - Destroyed a tyrant demon king.
5. Vamana the Dwarf - Subdued king Bali, a powerful demon.
6. Parashurama the Brahmin - Destroyed the warrior caste.
7. Noble Rama - Rescued his wife Sita and killed the demon Ravana. Upholder of the dharma.
8. Krishna the Divine Cowherder - told the Epic poem Bhagavad-Gita to the warrior Arjuna.
9. Buddha - The enlightened one.
10. Kalki the Horse - Destroyer of the world. Yet to come to the earth.
White, red and black marble statues are easy to take care of as they just need some annual upkeep to keep them looking as they did when they were first carved. Here are some easy tips to keep your White, red and black marble statues from Lotus Sculpture looking like the gods they are:
- Dust the statue as needed to prevent dirt build up
- To make the statue shine use a cotton cloth to buff the sculpture
- You can use a small amount of natural oil such as coconut oil or olive oil to further polish the sculpture
- Use a tooth brush to get into the hard to reach spaces of the sculpture
- DO NOT TOUCH the painted surfaces of any of the white marble statues. This will damage the painting if done often
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your wooden statue from Lotus Sculpture, (760) 994-4455 or [email protected]com.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.