Brass Varahi Divine Protector Seated on Lotus Base with Mahakala Arch Statue 11.5"
- Calculate Shipping Rates Worldwide
- The exquisite brass statue of Varahi showcases her sitting serenely on a lotus base, enveloped by a striking arch adorned with the powerful face of Mahakala
- Varahi's front right hand forms the abhaya mudra, a gesture of reassurance and safety, while her left hand assumes the varada mudra, bestowing blessings and wishes
- In her rear hands, Varahi holds sacred symbols, a discus representing divine authority and a conch symbolizing the primordial sound of creation
- Her unique posture captures attention, with her left leg elegantly suspended above a lotus flower on the base and her right leg folded comfortably in front of her
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
Vishnu's preserving, restoring, and protecting powers have been manifested in the world in a series of ten earthly incarnations known as avatars. The avatars arrive either to prevent a great evil or to affect good upon the earth. Nine are said to have descended already: three in non-human form, one in hybrid form and five in human form. The most important are Rama, fearless upholder of the law of dharma and Krishna; youthful hero of the Bhagavad-Gita Vishnu's final avatar is expected to arrive at a time when the earth is at the end of its present cycle, with the purpose of destroying the world and subsequently recreating it.
1. Matsya the Fish - Saved humanity and the sacred Veda text from the flood.
2. Kurma the Turtle - Helped create the world by supporting it on his back.
3. Varaha the Boar - Raised the earth out of water with his tusks.
4. Narashima, half-man, half lion - Destroyed a tyrant demon king.
5. Vamana the Dwarf - Subdued king Bali, a powerful demon.
6. Parashurama the Brahmin - Destroyed the warrior caste.
7. Noble Rama - Rescued his wife Sita and killed the demon Ravana. Upholder of the dharma.
8. Krishna the Divine Cowherder - told the Epic poem Bhagavad-Gita to the warrior Arjuna.
9. Buddha - The enlightened one.
10. Kalki the Horse - Destroyer of the world. Yet to come to the earth.
Brass statues from India do not need much maintenance. The best way to maintain the statue is to simply dust the piece periodically to keep any dirt from accumulating. They can be used for both indoor and outdoor use.
You can use soap, warm water and a cotton cloth to periodically go over the statue to remove any dust or dirt buildup. If you are really interested in making the statue shine you can use some natural oil, like coconut oil or olive oil, and a cotton rag to wipe down the metal portions of the piece. You can use a toothbrush as well to get into the small crevices of the statue like the hands and hair.
Indian brass's durability makes it perfect for cold winters and hot summers of any climate. The metal can stand up to the harshest conditions of heat and bitter cold. We suggest you bathe the sculpture every couple of months so that dirt does not collect on the sculpture and then use a cotton cloth with some natural oil to give the statue a shine.
If you have any questions concerning your brass statue please email us at [email protected] or call us at 1(760) 994-4455.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.