SOLD Grey Marble Dancing Parvati Devi Statue 23"
- Devi is the Mother Goddess and the female aspect of the divine
- She has her right hand held up in the abhaya mudra or "fear not" hand position with her left arm draped across her chest with her hips swaying to her left with her right foot raised off the ground and her left knee bent in mid dance
- There is an incredible amount of detail carved into her jewerly and leggings
- Devi is a one of a kind sculpture hand carved from one piece of marble by the grey marble artist, Ellumalai and completely one-of-a-kind, for indoor use only, you will receive this exact statue with your order
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
She impels full control over kama
Devi is the Sanskrit word for "Goddess". She is the core aspect of every Hindu Goddess. Devi is synonymous with Shakti, the female aspect of the divine, as conceptualized by the Shakta tradition of Hinduism. She is the female counterpart without whom the male aspect, which represents consciousness or discrimination, remains impotent and void.
Devi has many different names depending on where in India she is worshipped. In Madurai she is referred to as Meenakshi, in Chidambaram Shivakami, and in Kanchipuram she is revered as Kamatchi. In each city her likeness takes on different aspects as you can see by the variety of poses of Devi. As Meenakshi she stands holding a parrot. As Shivakami she stands next to her husband as Lord Nataraja and as Kamatchi holding fertility symbols.
Kamatchi is Devi in her creative manifestation bearing fertility symbols such as sugarcane, conch shell and parrot. As Prakriti she balances out the male aspect of the divine.
White, red and black marble statues are easy to take care of as they just need some annual upkeep to keep them looking as they did when they were first carved. Here are some easy tips to keep your White, red and black marble statues from Lotus Sculpture looking like the gods they are:
- Dust the statue as needed to prevent dirt build up
- To make the statue shine use a cotton cloth to buff the sculpture
- You can use a small amount of natural oil such as coconut oil or olive oil to further polish the sculpture
- Use a tooth brush to get into the hard to reach spaces of the sculpture
- DO NOT TOUCH the painted surfaces of any of the white marble statues. This will damage the painting if done often
White marble statues that are unpainted can be placed outdoors. We recommend keeping our smaller red and black marble statues as well as any painted marble statues in an indoor environment. The red and black marble statues have some delicate pieces that could chip if left outisde. The paint from the white marble statues will not last for more than 4 years if left outside so use discretion when placing your statues outdoors.
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your marble statue from Lotus Sculpture, (760) 994-4455 or [email protected]
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.