SOLD White Marble Garden Statue of the Bodhisattva of Compassion Kwan Yin Hand Carved in Vietnam 51"
- Kwan Yin is the Bodhisattva of compassion and also known as Guanyin and Avalokiteshvara stands on a double lotus base with her robes flowing naturally over her long, slender body
- She holds a vase containing the divine nectar of life that she is pouring out with her right hand raised with her thumb and middle finger touching in the vitarka mudra of teaching
- Her hair is up on a bun on top of her head with the meditating figure of the Amida Buddha in bas-relief on the front
- Kwan Yin is hand carved from one block of white marble, perfect indoors our outdoors and completely one of a kind, you will receive this exact statue in your order, allow 1-3 days for packing
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
Kwan Yin (also spelled Kuan Yin, Quan Yin or Guan Yin), is known as the Goddess of Compassion, and she is one of the most popular deities in all of Asia. Her name in Chinese roughly translates to "The One Who hears the Cries of the World". Many believe that she is the female representation of Avalokiteshvara, the Tibetan and Nepalese God of Compassion. As a Bodhisattva, she has chosen to put off her complete, unexcelled, perfect enlightenment for the benefit of beings everywhere, and will wait as long as there is one being who is not enlightened.
White, red and black marble statues are easy to take care of as they just need some annual upkeep to keep them looking as they did when they were first carved. Here are some easy tips to keep your White, red and black marble statues from Lotus Sculpture looking like the gods they are:
- Dust the statue as needed to prevent dirt build up
- To make the statue shine use a cotton cloth to buff the sculpture
- You can use a small amount of natural oil such as coconut oil or olive oil to further polish the sculpture
- Use a tooth brush to get into the hard to reach spaces of the sculpture
- DO NOT TOUCH the painted surfaces of any of the white marble statues. This will damage the painting if done often
White marble statues that are unpainted can be placed outdoors. We recommend keeping our smaller red and black marble statues as well as any painted marble statues in an indoor environment. The red and black marble statues have some delicate pieces that could chip if left outisde. The paint from the white marble statues will not last for more than 4 years if left outside so use discretion when placing your statues outdoors.
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your marble statue from Lotus Sculpture, (760) 994-4455 or [email protected].
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.