Wooden Lord Rama Statue the 7th Avatar of Vishnu in Abhaya Mudra Holding Bow 30"
- Calculate Shipping Rates Worldwide
- Lord Rama is the 7th avatar of Lord Vishnu is one of Vishnu's most popular incarnations. He is the main figure of the Ramayana saga along with his wife, Sita, his brohter Lakshmana and his beloved friend, Lord Hanuman, the monkey king
- He is dressed in royal silk garments and holds a bow with his right hand help up in the abhaya mudra granting his devotees divine protection with the V-shaped, Urdhva Pundra of Vaishnavites on his forehead
- Lord Rama is hand carved and painted from one piece of neem tree wood and completely one of a kind, you will receive this exact statue with your order
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
Vishnu's preserving, restoring, and protecting powers have been manifested in the world in a series of ten earthly incarnations known as avatars. The avatars arrive either to prevent a great evil or to affect good upon the earth. Nine are said to have descended already: three in non-human form, one in hybrid form and five in human form. The most important are Rama, fearless upholder of the law of dharma and Krishna; youthful hero of the Bhagavad-Gita Vishnu's final avatar is expected to arrive at a time when the earth is at the end of its present cycle, with the purpose of destroying the world and subsequently recreating it.
1. Matsya the Fish - Saved humanity and the sacred Veda text from the flood.
2. Kurma the Turtle - Helped create the world by supporting it on his back.
3. Varaha the Boar - Raised the earth out of water with his tusks.
4. Narashima, half-man, half lion - Destroyed a tyrant demon king.
5. Vamana the Dwarf - Subdued king Bali, a powerful demon.
6. Parashurama the Brahmin - Destroyed the warrior caste.
7. Noble Rama - Rescued his wife Sita and killed the demon Ravana. Upholder of the dharma.
8. Krishna the Divine Cowherder - told the Epic poem Bhagavad-Gita to the warrior Arjuna.
9. Buddha - The enlightened one.
10. Kalki the Horse - Destroyer of the world. Yet to come to the earth.
Wood statues are easy to take care of as they just need some annual upkeep to keep them looking as they did when they were first carved. All the wood used by Lotus Sculpure's artists is dried out for months. Moisture causes cracks in the sculpture as the wood contracts and expands in different temperatures. Our wood has little to no moisture in it assuring that the sculpture is not going to crack in its journey into different climates. Here are some simple tips to keep your statue in good condition:
- Dust the statue as needed to prevent dirt build up
- To make the statue shine use a natural wood cleaner and a cotton cloth to buff the sculpture
We prefer Old English to polish and buff our statues. The use of a wood polish like Old English will keep the wood looking fresh and keep the colors looking vibrant. For natural wood and painted wooden statues we recommend Old English for lighter woods. For darker wood statues we recommend Old English for darker woods. Lotus Sculpture cleans and polishes each wooden statue prior to shipping them to the customer.
We recommend keeping wooden statues in an indoor environment. Wood statues can go outside however, they will wear more quickly and develop an antique appearance. If you would like to put a wood statue from Lotus Sculpture outside and keep the same appearance of the sculpture we would recommend first coating the statue with a couple of layers of sealant or polyurethane. We would then recommend placing the statue in a partially covered area. The more exposure to the elements the more the statue will wear over time. Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your wooden statue from Lotus Sculpture, (760) 994-4455 or [email protected].
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.