Brass Dharma Buddha Statue With Stupas 21"
- Calculate Shipping Rates Worldwide
- This stunning sculpture depicts Lord Buddha seated on an elaborate 5 tiered throne with attendants in various forms surrounding him
- He is seated in the bhumisparsha mudra or earth touching hand position with his right hand reaching down towards the ground and his left hand resting in his lap in meditation
- Surrounding the Buddha is a small arch with the face of Mahakala or great time looming with two stupas, which are Buddhist circular structures meant to house relics of the Buddha or revered monks for spiritual purposes, to his left and right
- The thone portion of this statue is magnificient! The lowest portion has two stupas on either side for a total of 4 stupas as well as two attendants playing the drums & harp as well as two other, pot-bellied attendants that look to be each holding a club with a beautiful sun-like, circular chakra with flames emitting from each angle
- The next level up has two lions and two deer with full antlers laying down
- To the right and left of the Buddha are two acolytes meditating on raised lotus bases with a third acolyte meditating directly in front of the Buddha
The thone portion of this statue is magnificient! The lowest portion has two stupas on either side for a total of 4 stupas as well as two attendants playing the drums and harp. There are two other pot-bellied attendants that each look to be holding a club with a beautiful sun-like, circular chakra with flames emitting from each angle. The next level up has two lions on both sides & two deer with full antlers laying down. To the right and left of the Buddha are two acolytes meditating on a raised lotus base. Directly in front of the Buddha is another meditating acolyte.
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
The Buddha was a son of the rulers Sakyas. He was married at the age of 16 and lived in luxury and comfort sheltered from the harsh realities of life. When he was 29 he realized that men are subject to old age, sickness and death. He became aware of the suffering inherent in existence. He resolved to give up princely life and become a wandering ascetic (samana) in search for the Truth.
With the two of samanas he attained mystical states of elevated consciousness but he failed to find the Truth. He continued his search and was joined by five ascetics in a grove near Uruvela, where he practiced sever austerities and self-mortification for six years. When he fainted away in weakness, he abandoned ascetic practices to seek his own path to Enlightenment. Discarding the teachings of his contemporaries, through meditation he achieved Enlightenment, or ultimate understanding. There after the Buddha instructed his followers in the dharma (truth) and the "Middle Way" a path between worldly life and extremes of self-denial.
The essence of the Buddha's early preaching was said to be the four Noble truths: 1) life is fundamentally disappointment and suffering. 2) suffering is a result of one's desires for pleasure, power, and continued existence; 3) to stop disappointment and suffering on must stop desiring; and 4) the way to stop desiring and thus suffering is the Noble eight fold path - right views, right intention, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right awareness and right concentration. The realization of the truth of anatman (no eternal self) was taught as essential for the indescribable state of release called nirvana.
Brass statues from Bali, Indonesia do not need much maintenance. The best way to maintain the statue is to simply dust the piece periodically to keep any dirt from accumulating. Bali brass is meant only to be used indoors.
If you are really interested in making the statue shine you can use some natural oil, like coconut oil or olive oil, and a cotton rag to wipe down the metal portions of the piece. You can use a toothbrush as well to get into the small crevices of the statue like the hands and hair. This will not remove any of the natural patina on the statue.
If you have any questions concerning your brass statue please email us at [email protected] or call us at 1(760) 994-4455.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.