SOLD Majestic Brass Ganesha On Throne with Rat, 2 Lions & Meditating Priests Surrounding Him 22"
- This stunning sculpture depicts Lord Ganesha seated on an elaborate 5 tiered throne with attendants in various forms surrounding him
- He is seated in the lalitasana seated position with his left leg tucked up and his right leg resting on a lotus flower holding his broken tusk, a string of mala beads, a fly shisk and a bowl of laddus that his trunk is playfully eating
- Surrounding Ganesha is a small arch with the face of Mahakala or "great time" looming above him along with 2 makara heads, mythical beasts with an elephant trunk, on either size as well as two rats
- To the left and right of Ganesha are 2 meditating acolytes with his vahana or vehicle, the rat, Mooshika directly in front of him with a small Shiva Lingam in front of the rat
- The two lower levels are flanked with 2 lions as well as two attendants playing the tabla and harp with another 2 rats on the outter sides of the base, just ana amazing sculpture!
- Happy Diwali! SALE 10% OFF All Lakshmi murtis, click here to view our entire inventory of Lakshmi statues
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
~A Hymn from Sri Bhagavat-Tathva~
The chubby, gentle, wise, elephant-headed Ganesh, or Ganesha, is one of Hinduisms most popular deities. He is the remover of obstacles, the deity whom worshippers first acknowledge when they visit a temple. He is also patron of letters and of learning; he is the legendary scribe who, using his broken tusk, which he often holds, wrote down parts of the Mahabharata epic. Ganesh is usually depicted colored red; he is pot bellied, has one tusk broken, and has four arms that may hold a pasam, a goad, and a pot of rice or sweetmeats. The sweet meats are held in a type of bowl known as a laddus. His appetite for these sweets is legendary and offerings of them are often left at his shrine.
Statues of Ganesh can be found in most Indian towns. His image is placed where new houses are to be built; he is honored at the start of a journey or business venture, and poets traditionally invoke him at the start of a book.
A pasam is a triple twine weapon. Each of the three twines represents, arrogance and conceit, Maya - the illusory nature of the real world, ignorance. In Hindu ideology weapons are a viewed as symbolic tools to destroy the ego rather than to cause any type of bloodshed. Goads (or elephant prods) are typically used to direct elephants. Goads are symbolic of how one should steer the soul away from the ignorance and illusions of this earthly world just as a mahout would steer an elephant away from any treacherous path.
Brass statues from Bali, Indonesia do not need much maintenance. The best way to maintain the statue is to simply dust the piece periodically to keep any dirt from accumulating. Bali brass is meant only to be used indoors.
If you are really interested in making the statue shine you can use some natural oil, like coconut oil or olive oil, and a cotton rag to wipe down the metal portions of the piece. You can use a toothbrush as well to get into the small crevices of the statue like the hands and hair. This will not remove any of the natural patina on the statue.
If you have any questions concerning your brass statue please email us at [email protected] or call us at 1(760) 994-4455.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.