19th Century Bronze Antique Krishna Statue 9.5"
- Calculate Shipping Rates Worldwide
- This sculpture captures Krishna, the divine cowherder, playing the flute (now missing) with his right leg over his left in a casual stance
- This sculpture has a antique green bronze patina with relics of red powder in the eyes and mouth from the previous owners who used to place powder on the sculpture during puja ceremonies
- Statues of this size were often transported with the family so that they could contine to worship while away from home
- This antique Krishna is being sold from the personal collection of Matthew Friedman, it was purchased from an antique dealer in Dhaka, Bangladesh who collected these statues for a 50 year period throughout Bangladesh. The statues were purchased from the dealer between 1999-2001 when he worked for USAID in Dhaka
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
Brass statues from Thailand do not need much maintenance. The best way to maintain the statue is to simply dust the piece periodically to keep any dirt from accumulating. They can be used for both indoor and outdoor use.
You can use soap, warm water and a cotton cloth to periodically go over the statue to remove any dust or dirt buildup. If you are really interested in making the statue shine you can use some natural oil, like coconut oil or olive oil, and a cotton rag to wipe down the metal portions of the piece. You can use a toothbrush as well to get into the small crevices of the statue like the hands and hair.
Thai brass's durability makes it perfect for cold winters and hot summers of any climate. The metal can stand up to the harshest conditions of heat and bitter cold. We suggest you bathe the sculpture every couple of months so that dirt does not collect on the sculpture and then use a cotton cloth with some natural oil to give the statue a shine.
If you have any questions concerning your brass statue please email us at [email protected] or call us at 1(760) 994-4455.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.