SOLD Light Colored Red Marble Standing Hanuman with Club or Gada Sculpture 20"
- Hanuman is standing with his right hand in the abhaya mudra of protectio with a club or gada
- He is a vanara, Vanaras are created by Brahma and other gods to help Rama in battle against Ravana
- Hanuman is known for his bravery and loyalty to his friend, Lord Rama
- He is hand carved from one solid piece of black marble by the artist, Balan, and completely one of a kind, you will receive this exact statue with your order
- Click here to view other marble statues by the artist Balan or you can travel to India to meet Balan and his two daughters by reading Kyle's Travel Blog
The statue is hand carved by the marble artists of south India. There is only one Hanuman statue exactly like this one!
About Gorora Stone: Gorora stone or Red marble is a wonderful stone for sculpture because of its wide color range. It is rarer than most soft stones and must be shipped into Tamil Nadu from Uttar Pradesh in the north. The stone has wonderful cream/yellow/green veins in it contrasting to the beautiful deep red to sometimes pink natural coloration of the stone. The stone is extremely glossy. When a red marble statue is polished it has a disarming shimmer.
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
Hanuman is the son of Vayu, the Hindu God of Wind, and is looked upon by Hindus as the ultimate hero and great devotee of Lord Rama of the Ramayana. He represents the figure of the ideal being, as he is humble yet brave. His physical prowess, mental discipline and spiritual purity have made him extremely popular all over India.
He is a provider of courage, hope, knowledge, intellect and devotion. He is pictured as a robust monkey holding a mace or gada, which is a sign of bravery, and having a picture of Lord Rama tattooed on his chest, which is a sign of his devotion to Lord Rama.
He is also called Mahaveera (the great hero) or Pavan-suta (son of air) or Bajarangbali. In Tamil Nadu he is known as Anjaneya.
White, red and black marble statues are easy to take care of as they just need some annual upkeep to keep them looking as they did when they were first carved. Here are some easy tips to keep your White, red and black marble statues from Lotus Sculpture looking like the gods they are:
- Dust the statue as needed to prevent dirt build up
- To make the statue shine use a cotton cloth to buff the sculpture
- You can use a small amount of natural oil such as coconut oil or olive oil to further polish the sculpture
- Use a tooth brush to get into the hard to reach spaces of the sculpture
- DO NOT TOUCH the painted surfaces of any of the white marble statues. This will damage the painting if done often
White marble statues that are unpainted can be placed outdoors. We recommend keeping our smaller red and black marble statues as well as any painted marble statues in an indoor environment. The red and black marble statues have some delicate pieces that could chip if left outisde. The paint from the white marble statues will not last for more than 4 years if left outside so use discretion when placing your statues outdoors.
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your marble statue from Lotus Sculpture, (760) 994-4455 or [email protected].
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.