SOLD Hand Crafted in Bangkok Buddhist Monk Copper Alms Bowl Small One of a Kind 5.5"
- Baan Bat, or Monks Bowl Village, is believed to be the last community in Thailand where craftsmen still make alms bowls by hand
- Currently, there are only 6 families in Baan Bat are still hand crafting the alms bowls with only a few bowls completed each month
- Each bowl is assembled from eight strips of metal that represent Buddha's Eightfold Path with the strips heated in a fire for six hours, then hammered into a curve, then overlaid and soldered together to create the initial shape
- The strips are then heated again and hammered using a unique U-shaped hammer for hours to create their distinct hammer pocked surface. The surface is then polished and lacquered
- Each alms bowl is a one of a kind work of art with no two being alike and comes with a brass golden holder with a lotus flower and designs carved in it
Hammering the outside of the alms bowl giving the bowl its distinctive, hammer pocked surface
Using a large, curved, U-shaped hammer to hammer the inside of the alms bowl
Meticulously finishing the inside of the alms bowl
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
Copper statues from Nepali do not need much maintenance. The best way to maintain the statue is to simply dust the piece periodically to keep any dirt from accumulating. They are meant solely for indoor use.
If you are really interested in making the statue shine you can use some natural oil, like coconut oil or olive oil, and a cotton rag to wipe down the metal portions of the piece. You can use a toothbrush as well to get into the small crevices of the statue. Please pay special attention to not use any oil on any painted surface of the sculpture, such as the face. This will damage the paint and possibly recolor the painted area. Simply use a cotton cloth to dust the face if the face requires attention. Make sure the surface that touches the face does not have any oils present on it. If there are natural stones on the sculpture use caution while going over the stones as they can become dislodged while handling the sculpture.
If you have any questions concerning your bronze statue please email us at [email protected] or call us at 1(760) 994-4455.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.