SOLD Black Marble Namaste Patanjali Statue 16"
- Patanjali is the father of yoga and author of the Yoga sustras
- He has his hands together in the anjali mudra or namaste hand position associated with greeting with his rear hands holding a conch and discus, two attributes associated with Vishnu
- His lower half is surrounded by the thick coils of a serpent as its 5 hooded head loom above the body of Patanjali giving him shade from the Indian sun
- Patanjali is a one of kind sculpture, hand carved by the artist Balan, click here to view other marble statues by the artist Balan or you can travel to India to meet Balan and his two daughters by reading Kyle's Travel Blog
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
Pantanjali's life story is somewhat unknown, leaving many details unexplained and disputed. Pantanjali was born to Atri and Anusuya; both masters of Ashtanga yoga. The details surrounding his birth have assumed mythical dimensions. It is said that in order to teach yoga, Pantanjali fell from the heavens in the form of a little snake, and fell into his virginal mother's open palms. Patanjali is regarded as an incarnation of the thousand-headed serpent-king named Remainder (Shesha) or Endless (Ananta), whose coils are said to support the god Vishnu. His most known accomplishment is the compilation of the Yoga Sutras, a major work which contains aphorisms on the philosophical aspects of mind and consciousness, and is the assumed writer of work on the ancient Indian medicine system. Recently Yoga Sutra has become popular worldwide for the precepts of Raja Yoga, and also the philosophical basis of the Yoga movement, which aids in the health of harmonizing of the body mind.
Pantanjali is worshiped by the dancers of India as their patron saint. However, Pantanjali's reputation as a great dancer is doubted by scholars who know him as the author of the famous Yoga Sutras.
White, red and black marble statues are easy to take care of as they just need some annual upkeep to keep them looking as they did when they were first carved. Here are some easy tips to keep your White, red and black marble statues from Lotus Sculpture looking like the gods they are:
- Dust the statue as needed to prevent dirt build up
- To make the statue shine use a cotton cloth to buff the sculpture
- You can use a small amount of natural oil such as coconut oil or olive oil to further polish the sculpture
- Use a tooth brush to get into the hard to reach spaces of the sculpture
- DO NOT TOUCH the painted surfaces of any of the white marble statues. This will damage the painting if done often
White marble statues that are unpainted can be placed outdoors. We recommend keeping our smaller red and black marble statues as well as any painted marble statues in an indoor environment. The red and black marble statues have some delicate pieces that could chip if left outisde. The paint from the white marble statues will not last for more than 4 years if left outside so use discretion when placing your statues outdoors.
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your marble statue from Lotus Sculpture, (760) 994-4455 or [email protected]
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.