SOLD Marble Huge Fat & Happy Hotei Buddha Sculpture Seated on Separate Lotus Base 89"
- This delightful sculpture depicture the Fat & Happy Buddha is also known as Hotei, the Laughing Buddha of Wealth & Prosperity seated atop a triple lotus base
- He has a jolly, infectious, toothy smile and bald head with plump earlobes and holds a string of mala beads with his other hand clutching his robes
- The Fat Buddha's merry disposition is impossible not to fill up your home or garden with him in it
- This Buddha statue and the lotus base is hand carved from two blocks of white marble, perfect indoors and outdoors and completely one of a kind, you will receive this exact statue in your order
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
In sculpture the Laughing Buddha is depicted with a large, exposed belly carrying a hemp sack, which is filled with gold, health and happiness. Buddhists do not see wealth as being only material but spiritual wealth as well. Both his belly and the large sack convey this concept of abundance.
The laughing Buddha of Wealth is always depicted in a relaxing posture, exuding happiness to all who are near Him. His smile and jovial nature is infectious, reminding you that there is more to life than just worldly possessions. His large Belly is always bursting out of his robes. Sometimes he wears red colored robes that represent good fortune and blessings.
He usually carries a gold ingot (sycee) or a small hemp sack in his hand. He sits or stands upon a hemp sack of wealth under him. Around his neck, he wears auspicious mala beads as well as a large, round medallion that bring blessings to the surrounding. He sometimes holds a stick known as a wish stick, which he uses to grant people boons. Many people believe that rubbing his belly will grant anyone their wish.
He is often seen surrounded by children or carrying children on his back. Children naturally flock to him, not just because he gives them candy but because his joyous nature is so childlike that they see him as an equal. Some people believe a statue of the laughing Buddha is good to have around newborns as well as those wanting to have children.
White, red and black marble statues are easy to take care of as they just need some annual upkeep to keep them looking as they did when they were first carved. Here are some easy tips to keep your White, red and black marble statues from Lotus Sculpture looking like the gods they are:
- Dust the statue as needed to prevent dirt build up
- To make the statue shine use a cotton cloth to buff the sculpture
- You can use a small amount of natural oil such as coconut oil or olive oil to further polish the sculpture
- Use a tooth brush to get into the hard to reach spaces of the sculpture
- DO NOT TOUCH the painted surfaces of any of the white marble statues. This will damage the painting if done often
White marble statues that are unpainted can be placed outdoors. We recommend keeping our smaller red and black marble statues as well as any painted marble statues in an indoor environment. The red and black marble statues have some delicate pieces that could chip if left outisde. The paint from the white marble statues will not last for more than 4 years if left outside so use discretion when placing your statues outdoors.
Please feel free to contact us directly if you have any questions regarding your marble statue from Lotus Sculpture, (760) 994-4455 or [email protected].
This sculpture is in our workshop in Vietnam and will be shipped to our warehouse in Oceanside, California or directly to the custom depending on the where in the US the sculpture is being delivered. Lotus Sculpture pays for the shipping and import costs to Oceanside, CA. This process takes approximately 80 days. The client then pays for shipping from Oceanside, CA or the closest port to the final destination. Shipping is calculated after the purchase. If you place your order online shipping will be $0. Shipping will then be added to the invoice after the order is placed. Shipping will be calculated based on the weight of the sculpture and the distance from Oceanside, CA. Please call 760-994-4455 or email us [email protected] for a shipping quote.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.