SOLD Bronze Manjushri Holding Sword On Lion Statue 9"
- Manjushri is one of the oldest known Bodhisattvas in the Mahayana Buddhist tradition and is associated with wisdom and insight
- He is shown wearing long flowing robes in the lalitasana seated postion with one leg up and the other hanging down on the back of an lion with a sword in his right hand, the sword respresents his ability to cleanly sever himself from attachment
- Manjushri rides a lion which represents his abiliy to have the power of wisdom just as a lion has power of his territory
- This Manjushri on a lion would be the perfect book end along with the Bodhisattva Samantabhadra on an elephant with 6 tusks
- Happy Maha Shivaratri! To celebrate Shiva overcoming darkness and ignorance in the world we are happy to offer 10% OFF all our Shiva statues! This Friday only! Click here to Shop All Our Shiva Statues
"I originally mislabled this statue as Avalkiteshvara. After a visit from a monk from a temple in Riverside, California he explained to me the true identity of this Bodhisattva as Manjushri and the details as to why he rides a lion and carries a sword. He also explained the true identity of the other statue in his hands riding a 6 tusked elephant as the Bodhisattva Samantabhadra. I love that I am constantly learning something new every day!"
Kyle, founder of Lotus Sculpture
You just know when you find the right piece to bring into your home and into your heart. - Kyle Tortora, Founder of Lotus Sculpture
Bronze statues from China do not need much maintenance. They are durable and strong! Most statues have black felt on the bottom of them to protect the surface they sit on. The best way to maintain the statue is to simply dust the piece periodically to keep any dirt from accumulating. These statues are mostly small and meant for indoor use.
You can use a cotton cloth to periodically go over the statue to remove any dust or dirt buildup. If you are really interested in making the statue shine you can use some natural oil, like coconut oil or olive oil, and a cotton rag to wipe down the metal portions of the piece. You can use a toothbrush as well to get into the small crevices of the statue like the hands and hair.
If you have any questions concerning your bronze statue please email [email protected] or call us at 1(760) 994-4455.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping. The shipping charge is automatically calculated by UPS for shipping within the United States. Each sculpture is usually shipped within 24 hours of the order with the exception of the weekend.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Besides the shipping price, the results will also display the date the statue will arrive at your home. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.
This sculpture is in our Oceanside, California store and ready for immediate shipping to anywhere in the world. International shipping charges will be calculated automatically upon checkout.
You can obtain a shipping quote for any statue by clicking the link, Calculate Shipping beneath to the Add To Cart button on every statues' page. Or you can email [email protected] or call us 760-994-4455 to receive a shipping quote. Please include the item number of the statue you are interested in purchasing as well as your country and postal code. Lotus Sculpture uses Instapak foam injection packing system or bubble wrap and recycled peanuts to ensure that all our pieces arrive undamaged. Click here to learn more about Lotus Sculptures packing.